Friday 17 April 2015

DIY : Pirate chest makeover



Lately I got really inspired to do some crafts, and most of them usually turns out looking like crafts projects. And I am looking for that polished "wow, where have you bought this?" look. Even my food is very delicious, but usually looks like drunk person made it. So bare with me, but I am sharing this box makeover. And sorry for those missing links in the projects, but inspiration doesn't wait. If the early bird gets the worm, then I probably am an owl, and I feed on mouses (that is what owls eat, yes?), because the most creative time for me is night (and lamp light is not flattering for pictures at all).


I got this box in my grandpas attic, and I was in that age, when making a pirate treasure chest seemed a good idea. It has been sitting in the corner for some time now, and I always thought I should do something with it, because it is a perfectly fine treasure chest. 

So first idea was to make it look more natural, as I thought nice wood gonna show off and I will make it look very stylish. 


Oh, was I wrong. After removing the pirate chest paint, then trying to remove the green pain, that was underneath, I understood that the wood is green and there is nothing I can do about it. 


I scratched my head few times and after using almost all sanding paper, nail polish remover, cotton, diluent and my patience, I got an idea - why not cover it in leather? I had this golden leather laying and waiting for me to use it. Also, what is better to match with golden than black? (Uh huh, you know what it is, black and yellow) so I covered the bottom part in black leather. And since I went there, I decided white fur is a great option for an inside. And yes, I glued everything.

And since it turned out to be so cute (am I wrong? ) I decided to use it as a jewellery box of some kind. So behold!









+
diy


No comments: